I drink several cups of tea or herbal infusions every day, usually chai black or green, sometimes ginger and lemon or grounded turmeric infusion. I love the flavoured hot water and it’s nice to just sip on a drink. This latte is a bit different though. I make this golden milk whenever I feel like having something warm, spicy and soothing. The amounts and the spices I choose to use are very personal and can vary depending on the moment, so the recipe below is only a simple guideline. I recommend going with your own taste instead of following exact amounts.
Recipe: Golden milk
Total time: 5 mins
Notes: 1 serving. Any of the spices below can be used fresh or grounded. If you want to make these regularly, you can also make a pre-made spice mix and keep it in a glass jar.
- 1 cup soya, coconut or any milk
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or a small piece of bark)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 agave syrup or honey
- In a small saucepan, pour the milk and set to medium-high heat. Add all the spices and bring to a boil. Then lower heat and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add sweetener and oil. With a whisker, whisk the mix until it becomes frothy.
- Using a strainer, pour the drink into a cup. Easy peasy!